Monday, June 27, 2011

Day Of First Times



     Well it was a group of firsts this week at the Mighty Wolf Triathlon.

-First time doing a sprint distance triathlon
-First time using USANA Nutrimeal shake for my breakfast as well as using USANA Rev3 energy before the race.
-First time getting a flat on the bike during a race
-First time getting a DNF next to my name on results

     Overall it was still a success! Yes walking 4 miles in my biking shoes was not ideal but it allowed me to relax enjoy the nice weather and just think about things.  Also I got to meet a lot of new people, which is always a lot of fun.  Meeting new people through triathlons always good because you know for the most part they are all good quality people.  Went up to do this race for my coach Mike P from Your Training Zone, was a big team event and never realized how many people are coached through the team.  With such a large team it amazing how I still always have a personalized training plan for me each week. 

     The part of the race that I did complete went well.  The swim was in a big man made pond which I wish so bad that we would have one near Madison.  I of course happened to find the only rock in the nice sandy beach while running into the water at the start and really hurt my foot.  I felt really smooth and fast in the water, which is exactly the kind of motivator I needed with Munci 70.3 coming up.  I excite the water and for once had a fast T1.  Jumped only the Black Beast and flew away.  It was only a 15mile bike so I figured I would just hammer it until my legs got to tired to peddle and by the time that came it would be time to run the 3mile run.  Felt strong on the bike and was happy with my new bike position. Felt really comfortable and  relaxed so I could put all my effort into the peddle and not waist any trying to get getting comfortable.  Then little after I passed the 10mile mark I herd a hisssssssss.  Was hoping that I could maybe ride slow enough all the way back and through down a solid run to still put up a strong result but did not want to risk screwing up my race wheels.  I did not have a spare tube or repair kit with it only being a 15mile bike so I started walking.  Few people asked if I needed help but knew that no one would have an extender to fit my wheel.  So I cheered people on as they flew by on the bikes.  That’s the 2nd flat in the past week so just have to get one more to get the “Group of 3” out before Munci. 

     After the race there was a party at coaches house which was really fun.  Good company, good food, good music, good drinks and great weather.  Great way to finish up the day.

Thanks for reading!! GTGTG

No comments:

Post a Comment