I have tried many ice methods but everyone has some sort of negative such as leaks or that it does not form to body part. That was until recently when I was having some shoulder problems which required icing/heating. I have found a inexpensive, easy and efficient way to ice!! I found directions to make your own ice gel packs and they have been so useful I want to share it with you.
1. Put 1 part rubbing alcohol with 2 parts water into gallon size zip block bag. (More Alcohol= slushier ice pack/ and less alcohol= firmer ice pack)
2. Add some food coloring if wanted to color code packs
3. Seal bag with as little amount of air as possible
4. Put another bag over for double leak protection
5. Place in freezer for about 12hrs before first use
BAM you have a soft, flexible, comfortable and reusable ice pack for those yucky aches and pains.