Sunday, December 7, 2014

Time Off

Lets chat about taking time off of training.... 
I just did take time off...
A LOT...
More time then I have ever taken in the last 9 years...
Why you may ask?


Because after training at such a high level for so long I simply needed a break. In my case I needed a mental break from training/racing as well as physically break.  There was no big thing or event or breakdown that told me I needed a break, I just simply did not have the normal drive. Well as the triathlon Gods would have it, the drive is back and I am ready to get after it! I will be looking over my 2014 year over the next few weeks as well as looking forward to my 2015 plans. 

What did I do during my time off? Nothing physical, other then run a couple beer miles haha. During that time I also put on a really fun fundraiser for RACC, the Fall Beer Mile which we raised a total of $1700!! As I write this I am seeing snow fall for the first time of the year. The only reason I am excited about that is because that mean SNOW SHOE RUNNING is upon us!!! 

Till next time... Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment