Sunday, October 3, 2010

Group Training

Lets just say "Buckling up and putting the nose to the grindstone" this week went real well.  Feeling fast and light on the run and powerful on the bike. 

This weekend I went up north to a good friends place to train with over the weekend.  Boy I am glad I did, there is something about training with another person that you just cant replicate.  I enjoy training with people who are just plan better then me, because I think it really takes you to another level.  But its something that has to be done with a couple things in mind in order to not hurt yourself. 
1. Pushing each other is good but has to be done safe and in good spirits. 
2. Listen to your body, Training in a group in High School was something that got me hurt a lot I beleave, because I would not listen to what my body was saying instead end up racing each other every day including the easy days.  Make sure to still keep your hard days hard and your easy days easy, which is hard to do if train in groups a lot.
4. Make it fun and enjoy the company.
5. Still do a good amount of hard stuff by yourself because you dont get to have that training partner with you at all times in a race.  Need to be able to train/ race hard on your own as well.

So go find a training partner to push each other and enjoy the day.  Thanks for reading PJE

No comments:

Post a Comment